Saturday, August 21, 2010

US Airways

If you weren't previously subjected to my complaints, you may not know that last month, I was delayed five hours in Charlotte, NC on my way to Aruba because of US Airways being annoying and whatnot.


Long story short, I was really upset, and intended to write a complaint email to them (they no longer take customer service calls by phone), but before I had a chance to write, they wrote me. Even though it was two weeks late, I was ever so slightly appreciative that they wrote to apologize for the delay. Then I read what they were offering me: a $50 voucher.
*Annoyance*

Weeks pass, I'm busy. This week, I write back a long email telling them that their compensation was unacceptable and that I was borderline insulted by their offer. 

Several days later, I get a response. 

Dear Mr. Mace:

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at US Airways regarding your request for additional compensation. We apologize our original attempt at resolving this issue was not to your satisfaction. We have reviewed your request and the circumstances surrounding your flight concerns and agree additional compensation is appropriate.

So far, so good. I especially love the part when they "agree [that] additional compensation is appropriate"

But then, they only offered me an extra fifty dollars!!! AUGH!
And finish up by saying
We hope the increased compensation is satisfactory to you. We are pleased to be of service and look forward to seeing you on a future US Airways flight.
Ehh, I'm not sure that the "increased" compensation is satisfactory. The thing is, I already went all out on them with my complaint, so I need a new approach. A real reason, convincing them that they owe me more. 

To those of you who think I'm being stingy:
  • We were told not to leave the gate area, in case we were allowed to leave. As I was traveling alone, I could not use the restroom, or get food, because I refused to lose my spot in front of the line
  • We waited four hours for a replacement plane, at US Airways' main hub
  • I spent upwards of one hour, standing on line, so I could get a boarding pass for the new flight
  • This is no way to start a vacation
All in all, I'm probably just going to keep the hundred. For me, its more about the satisfaction of the argument than the actual cash. I have other things to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment