Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Class, Work, Kitchen, Fire Drill, Late Nite

That title right there pretty much sums up my day!


I went to class. Rhetoric...
Then I was off to work at 11:15, but I dropped by the cafe to see if I could grab some food before work. There was nothing. But, thankfully, one of my friends there had a sandwich made on the spot for me, and got me a bag with chips and cookies so I could take everything to go. Awesome. This is why being friends with people is so great.


Then I headed to work. Same deal as yesterday. No staff, they're all in training. There were three of us in the office for the day, and it was busy. Fun, but exhausting. 


Then, I went back to the cafe because I told Chef Sandi that I would work with her on a community service project that involves making soup, and then taking it down to the shelter in town. So, I got to go in the kitchen and make soup. The kitchen is pretty awesome there, and there is tons happening at once. I also got first dibs on the late nite specialty: deep-fried snickers. I've never had them before, and they were pretty awesome!!!!!


Anyway, back to Bankus, and soon enough, fire alarm!
I managed to somewhat record a video. Here it is:







Our time was 55 seconds. Well below the requirement of 2 minutes. I suggested that next time they block the front exit to make it more interesting. They seemed to consider it. 


Well, it's been a great day, and now is my first chance to relax!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the idea of deep fried sinkers im going to try that next in my mini deep firer. were they coated in batter and then deep fried right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancake Batter! And they were split in half, and had sticks in them.

    ReplyDelete