Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oh, so I gave BoLoCo another chance today....

It was alright. It was satisfying, but nowhere as awesome as Chipotle. I'll have to try out the other burrito place that I just discovered.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read this.

2 comments:

  1. Bensky,
    Truly bummed to read that you had a less than wonderful experience at our BTV boloco. We don't win all of the time when our Classic Mexican is compared with any of the countless Mexican joints out there, and lord knows Chipotle has legions of fans hundreds of millions of dollars and 1000+ locations later, but the beauty of Boloco lies in the variety. Yes, it takes a bit longer (ie. a couple of minutes) to "get" us and our menu, but as tens of thousands across New England can attest, it's not a bad investment in time. Tell you what... send me your mailing address and i'll pop a Boloco Card in the mail which will be good for a sample of all of the flavors we have ready to serve. There are very few times that someone doesn't find an addiction that becomes quite challenging to break... (what did you order, anyway, out of curiosity?)

    Hope to hear from you.

    Cheers,
    John
    CEO&Co-Founder
    buzz@boloco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    I have to say, I'm quite impressed that you took the time to read and comment on my tiny little blog. I can't help feeling that I was a bit harsh with my judgment of Boloco, and probably did not give you guys a fair chance.

    There is nothing wrong with variety, and I was a bit intimidated by the menu when I came in during a late night, and wanted a taste of home (well, New York). I guess it's just a matter of taste. I tried the Classic Mexican (because I figured that would be the normal burrito, even though it was listed halfway through the menu)

    I'd be glad to take you up on your offer to try out your other flavors (because now that I'm a college student, I need to really watch my money), and I'll definitely report back on my experience.

    I'll forward this to you in an email with my mailing address.

    Thanks again,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete